Sunday, April 13, 2008

What a year can do....

Hey SOU gang! Bet this character looks familiar:

Last year:


Within the past couple hours:

Comparing last year's drawings of this guy and what I've been doodling this evening has been an enlightening experience. Wow, what a year really can do....
Anyways, just revisiting a past character of mine for portfolio stuff. Really reworking my portfolio and this guy is making it in. I still have yet to name him, certainly been long enough....I'm going to rescan him tomorrow, for whatever reason my scanner went funny and the watercolors were butchered so these versions are not to be printed, just blogged. Believe me, the colors are much richer in person.
For you SOU people: I haven't had time to work on the 3D model of this guy....just you wait for the summer. I have every last file and plan on coming through on him.

Anyways, the past few days have been spent on portfolio prep., 3D animation fun, and helping a friend out by alpha channeling for them. Also, hello 90 degree weather-where did you suddenly come from? Please go back to spring weather---not ready for the heat, and with CalArts located in a desert area, so it's only going to get worse...

And, 8 days to go CalArts' buds! You guys can do it! I'm very pumped for the Open Show, going to be a blast seeing everybody's films finally finished!

2 comments:

Miles Inada said...

Those new drawings look great!

Carlos Romero said...

Wow, you should update your banner with the one on the upper right of the new batch, It fits perfectly! I really love the one on the bottom stretching out too.