Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

Today has been very interesting....

Spent my morning off campus sketching people(I needed a break from animating and I've been craving some caricature drawing---not model life drawing). After about 4 pages, I went to the grocery store, came back to campus, chilled and had lunch---it's now around 2 before I set foot in my cube. Working on a close-up shot of Pilot(the cat), lots of in-betweens, slow actions, and subtle eye stuff. Head over to the pencil test machine to test the stack---shoot it, about to hit play---POWER OUTAGE! Somehow the city's power is out or something, at least the entire campus has been hit(according to some students the nearby Starbucks is alright though, so at least that's functional-haha). I pity everybody that came out of the computer labs---lots of painful cries and stories of the casualties involving promising 3D animation or Photoshop artwork. Anyways, it's been different, some people grabbed their discs and headed outside to go animate(or not), I still have some decent light so I can now proudly state that indeed the statement: traditional animation has at least one advantage over 3D----you can animate even when the power is out! What a weird Friday----until my life is a little more illuminated--over and out!

Edit: At 10:18pm. The power is back! After roughly 6 hours of down time. I'll do a post later that'll chronicle the adventure involving badmitton, exploring haunted areas, and Risk. With pictures....

No comments: