Saturday, July 19, 2008

Why so serious?


Saw The Dark Knight yesterday and I enjoyed it. Without spoiling the movie, here's my quick review. The Joker is seriously psychotic, absolute mad man and Heath Ledger did a brilliant job. His magic act with the pencil made the entire audience cringe(among many other cringe worthy scenes). Overall, I felt the villains in Dark Knight definately improved from the first movie, Batman Begins. The story was epic, the action scenes were equally epic, and the special effects fascinated and horrified me(anyone who has seen it should know who I'm talkin' about). I'm not sure if I prefer it to the first movie, this one certainly had one rollercoaster of a plot that just kept going. All kinds of twists and turns, just when you think the battle is won another battle is unleashed. But the Joker was interesting to watch, his schemes defined villainy and he had some interesting character moments. Anyways, go see it---much darker than the first movie, much much darker.

No comments: