Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Pixar Story

Look what is being screened this Friday at CalArts!!!

The Pixar Story

Quite excited! I've heard some fantastic things about this documentary.

Edit: Also I just learned that today is Walt Disney's 106th birthday. Happy Birthday Walt. Here is an appropriate quote for what I'm trying to achieve with Pilot and Ollie right now:

"Until a character becomes a personality it cannot be believed. Without personality, the character may do funny or interesting things, but unless people are able to identify themselves with the character, its actions will seem unreal. And without personality, a story cannot ring true to the audience."

and then,
"The medium of animated film is perhaps the most flexible, versatile, and stimulating of all teaching faculties."

"I hope we'll never lose sight of one thing that it was all started by a mouse."

1 comment:

Amelia Lorenz said...

It's so good!! GO SEE IT! I wish I could see it again! :(