Sunday, September 13, 2009

This Past Week....

Classes begin tomorrow! I'm very excited to start, but still can't get over the "I'm a 3rd. year." feeling. It's especially weird now that the new freshmen have been running around...ahh! I need to kick myself into gear and get working--before I know it I'll be a 4th year and then going out into the big grown-up working world. Anyways, last Wednesday the department greeted the new freshmen--myself and some of the other upperclassmen descended into the main hallway and welcomed the very bright and cheery faces.


A photographer was above us and snapped this picture(I grabbed this photo from the CalArts' online photo site I just found). The upperclassmen are, for the most part, on the sides while the incoming freshmen are all in the middle(I'm on the right side, a couple rows back in the white.) Here we go guys!

After the hallway greeting, everyone filed into the Palace to overhear the freshmen meeting. All those heads are freshmen(minus the two people closest to the camera, they're two of the third year animation teachers).

Friday was the busiest day of the week. Arrived at 6:30 in the morning for cube sign-ups which started at 8 a.m. Surprisingly enough, a couple other people were there doing the same thing. 9 a.m. was the ever chaotic class sign-ups.

I got all the classes I signed up for and am really happy with my schedule:
POST PRODUCTIONSonnenberg, ChrisW 7pm to 10pm
ADVANCED LIFE DRAWINGCole, CorneliusT 9am to 4pm
ADVANCED LIFE DRAWING (JUNIORS)Hormozi, MarjanTh 9am to 4pm
ADVANCED TRADITIONAL ANIMATION IIICedeno, MikeT Th 7pm to 10pm
ADVANCED STORY DEVELOPMENTFulp, DavidM 7pm to 10pm
ADV COMPUTER ANIMATION JUNIORSGriffith, GregM 1pm to 4pm & T 4pm to 7pm
DIRECTING FOR ANIMATORSPetkov, RoumenF 9:30am to 12 Noon

Tuesdays will definitely be the hardest(classes literally back to back from 9 a.m. until 10 at night!)And yep, I'm taking two life-drawing classes---gotta work on my draftsmanship this year, along with a plethora of other things.

Over the weekend I've been busy turning my new cube(number 25 to be precise), which is gigantic--it's like 3-4 times bigger than both of my previous cubicals---from this:

To this:

The colors got all messed up in this photo. The next photo does the cube a lot more justice color-wise:

I went the extra-mile and actually painted the walls--so much better than white.

Well, that's all for now. Next post will be all about the new classes.

3 comments:

roovie said...

hi...nice to see you...
i'm also one who love animation and i'm an animator too.bt now i work as designer, so what about check my blog...see ya!

Kristen said...

Your cube is SO AWESOME. I hope your first day goes smoothly :) Hang in there!!! I have nut bars in my cube if you need some XD *huggggsss*

Amanda said...

Wow, I am so envious of your cube :D
Will you be doing your film in 2d or 3d this year?
And omg I'm a 4th year now :B